***COVID-19 is real, thus these guides are meant as a resource for when it’s safe to travel again. If you do decide to travel during this time, make sure to check CDC and US Department of State websites for the latest safety guidelines and travel restrictions.
I was supposed to spend some time in Cancun this summer celebrating my bachelorette party, but of course that was postponed until it’s safe to travel again. Until then, I wanted to share my Cancun bucket list. Now I know I probably can’t do everything on this list in one trip (unless I’m there for a month lol), but I like options, and a girl can dream. Save the map below for your next visit to Cancun!
Where to Stay
There’s no shortage of options of where to stay in Cancun – from hostels to five-star resorts, from Cancun’s Zona Hotelera (Hotel Zone) to Tulum – you will definitely find the perfect place to stay. Depending on your vacation style, you may want an all-inclusive resort that has everything you need. If you’re a little more adventurous, you might want to consider hotels that provide excursions and transportation off-property.
Things to consider when making your selections
- Is the hotel all-inclusive or not?
- Adult Only or Family Friendly?
- How far is the hotel from the airport?
- Does the hotel provide transportation around Cancun?
- What amenities are offered on the property? (restaurants, spa, golf, etc.)
- Does the hotel offer any actives or entertainment? (on or off property)
The hotels listed below are all-inclusive resorts that have a variety of offerings. For my upcoming trip, I will be staying at one of these four resorts.
- Moon Palace – Family Friendly
- Iberostar Cancun – Family Friendly
- Le Blanc Spa Resort – Adult Only
- UNICO 20N 87W – Adult Only
Where to Eat
Between Cancun’s Mexican roots, international influx, and coastal location lies a unique blend of taste and culture. All of this contributes to Cancun’s worldly gastronomy. For something local and traditional, check out the highly raved about eateries below.
- La Parrilla Cancun
- Parque de las Palapas
- Sirena Morena
- Lu’Um Cocina Creativa
- Mar-Bella Fish-Market Raw Bar and Grill
Things to Do
Cancun has something to do for everyone – relaxing beach days, colorful shopping, jungle adventures, and more! Below are some of the top things to check off your bucket list.
- Party on a trajinera in Xoximilco Cancun
- Shop for local goods and treats at Mercado 28
- Be adventurous at Xcaret Eco Theme Park
- Swim underground at Cenotes Zapote
- Cruise on a catamaran to Isla Mujeres – Catamania has daily cruises with snorkeling opportunities
- Party at Zona Hotelera & Dance the night away at Coco Bongo
History to Explore
You cannot fully appreciate Cancun’s culture and scenery without a little history lesson. Here you have the opportunity to admire the pyramids from the great Mayan civilization and to visit currently active archeological sites!
- Chichén Itzá
- Museo Maya de Cancun
- El Meco Archeological Site